Welcome to the ABE DeposZip Info Page
ABEFCU is committed to make banking convenient for our members. DeposZip allows qualifying members to scan in their check deposit from home, the office, or even while traveling using your PC and/or laptop and a scanner.
- FREE to qualified ABEFCU Members!
- Available 24 hours a day 7 days a week
- Easy to use – make a Deposit in less than 2 minutes
- All you need is your home computer, scanner and internet connection
- It’s safe and secure within Intranet Branch
- Help screens and video tutorials are available online
- Email notifications are sent directly to you when deposits are processed or if any adjustments are made
- Funds are credited the same business day if submitted by the standard processing time
- You will no longer need to fill out deposit slips or make photocopies of the checks you receive
- Copies of deposited checks are kept in DeposZip for 18 months for easy retrieval
- And much more!
You can sign up for DeposZip via our Internet Branch
Policies and Disclosures
Before signing up, click to read American Broadcast Employees’ Federal Credit Union’s Policies and Disclosures:
Once you have accepted our End User Agreement and have been approved by ABE Federal Credit Union you can start scanning your checks with these simple steps:
- Please make sure the back of your check includes the following endorsement:
- The words “For deposit only at American Broadcast Employees Federal Credit Union”
- The account number where you will deposit your funds
- The words “Via DeposZip”
- On (today’s date) mm/dd/yyyy
- Your signature
Please Note: ABE Federal Credit Union reserves the right to reject checks for deposit using DeposZip which are not properly endorsed.
- Log on to Internet Branch online banking and select “DeposZip”
- Select Continue to DeposZip (Make sure to verify your email address. If you need to update it you can do so at this time)
- Select the account you are depositing into
- Select your scanner (the first time you use the service you will be prompted to install a scanner control, you will only need to do this once)
- Enter the total deposit amount of your checks
- Scan the front and the back of your checks
- Review and submit your deposit
That’s all! The deposit is done in the comfort of your home or office within minutes!
You will be notified via email of the acceptance of your deposit within 1 business day.
Please Note: Please verify your deposits via Internet Branch history to make sure there are no processing errors. ABE Federal Credit Union must be notified about any discrepancies within the allowed time-frame listed in your DeposZip Services Disclosure and Agreement.
In the event an adjustment needs to be made to your deposit, you will be notified via email within 1 business day.
DeposZip is easy to use from your home or office. However, if you have any problems or develop questions or concerns, our DeposZip Support is here to help you.
We offer 3 convenient ways to contact us:
Online Help: Once you are logged in to DeposZip select “Help” or “?” as you begin a transaction and you’ll see information specific to the page you are on.
Email Support: Our DeposZip support team answers all emails received within 24 hours. Send us an email to DeposZip@abefcu.com with your questions or concerns and you will receive a reply back within 24 hours.
Telephone Support: If you have questions regarding DeposZip please contact ABE’s DeposZip Support group at 516-763-7502 during our business hours.
Please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section or ABE Federal Credit UnionDeposZip Services Disclosure and Agreement for additional information on this great product!
Frequently Asked Questions about DeposZip
- How can I enroll in ABE’s Internet Branch online banking to use DeposZip?
- How can I enroll for E-Statements?
- How can I sign up for DeposZip?
- What types of checks cannot be submitted using DeposZip?
- What are the system requirements to use DeposZip?
- How soon will the deposit be credited to my account?
- Will there be a hold on my checks deposited via DeposZip?
- How long should I store original checks deposited via DeposZip?
- Can I view checks I have deposited via DeposZip?
- How long will I have access to DeposZip check images?
- What type of accounts can I scan deposits into?
Once you are enrolled in Internet Branch online banking, sign in as usual using your Username and Password. Click on the E-Statement tab located at the bottom left side of the menu. This will take you to our disclosure titled “Agreement to Receive Periodic Statements and Notices Electronically”. Please read the disclosure, enter you email address and accept. You will receive an email informing you when your next statement will be available for viewing.
You must be enrolled in ABE’s Internet Branch online banking and E-Statements to access DeposZip. If you are enrolled in Internet Branch online banking, sign in as usual using your Username and Password. Once you are signed in, click on the DeposZip tab located on the bottom left hand side of the menu. This will take you to a page welcoming you to DeposZip and asking you to verify or update your email address.
Please Note: An updated email address is required to use DeposZip.
Once you have verified or updated your email address with us please click on “Continue to DeposZip”. After you agree to ABE Federal Credit Union DeposZip Services Disclosure and Agreement, please allow 1-2 business days to process your registration. An Approval/Denial notice will be sent to you via email; once you receive an approval you may start using DeposZip.
The following items cannot be submitted for deposit using DeposZip:
- Any item drawn on my account or my affiliate’s account.
- Any item that is stamped with a “non-negotiable” watermark.
- Any item that contains evidence of alteration to the information on the check.
- Any item issued by a financial institution in a foreign country.
- Any item that is incomplete. This includes missing the endorsement included in Exhibit “A” Section 1.
- Any item that is “stale dated” or “post dated.”
- Any third party check, i.e., any item that is made payable to another party and then endorsed to me by such party.
In order to use DeposZip, the member must have the following hardware and software with the indicated specifications:
- Windows XP with Internet Explorer 6+, or Vista with Internet Explore 7+
- Windows XP or Vista, with Firefox 2+
- Mac OS X 10.5 with Safari 3+
- Mac OS X 10.5 with Firefox 2+
- TWAIN Compliant Document Scanner (Please refer to your user manual that was supplied with your scanner)
Safari Web browser when used with the Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard operating system must be used in 32-bit mode. Instructions on how to configure Safari to operate in 32-bit mode is available via DeposZip under “Help”
For additional help please access Internet Branch online banking and log in to DeposZip then click on “Help with Scanners and Driver” near the bottom of the screen.
Checks submitted and approved for deposit prior to our cut-off time of 6:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) will be credited to your account on the same business day. Checks submitted and approved for deposit after 6:00 p.m. will be credited to your account on the next business day.
Please Note: Business days are Monday through Friday excluding Legal Holidays.
Yes, there will be a hold of 2 business days on checks deposited via DeposZip.
Please Note: ABE Federal Credit Union reserves the right to extend the hold for a longer period of time as set forth in the “Funds Availability Policy” section of the Truth-in-Savings Disclosure and Account Agreements. Please refer to our Truth in Savings Disclosure.
Once you have scanned your checks and you have received notification via email that your deposit has been credited to your account you should securely store the original checks for 60 days before destroying them.
Yes, any checks deposited can be viewed via DeposZip system. Click on the Deposit History tab to view deposited checks.
You will have access to deposited check images for 18 months via the DeposZip system.
If you require copies of deposited items older than 18 months, please contact your local branch for assistance.
Deposits can be made to your ABE Prime Share, Basic Share Draft, Super Share Draft, Super Plus Share Draft and Prime Time Share Draft accounts.