CO-OP Shared Branch
Please read this entire page, there is important fee info below*
ABE Federal Credit union has joined together with other credit unions, internationally, in a cooperative effort to bring you a new choice in financial convenience, the “CO-OP Shared Branch® Network”. You can now perform many of your financial transactions and obtain services at branch locations of other credit unions belonging to the network.
By using a CO-OP Shared Branch, your membership and accounts remain at ABEFCU, but you can access your accounts and conduct business with ABEFCU through any of the convenient CO-OP Shared Branch Locations. In this way, through a network of participating credit unions, access to your accounts and credit union services is made easier. Members who prefer to use apps on their mobile devices can also download the new CO-OP Locator now on Google Play and iTunes stores.
Convenience for your Family
Financial partnership at the work place is probably the reason you joined your credit union. But convenience for you at work may not translate into convenience for your family members. Previously, your family members may not have had access to an ABEFCU’ branch. Now with CO-OP Shared Branch, your family will find access to ABEFCU more convenient.
Convenience for on the Road and when Relocating or Vacationing
No matter where you may be on the road, your credit union, is now as close as the nearest CO-OP Shared Branch. With so many convenient locations, you will be able to access your credit union account even if you travel or relocate hundreds of miles from your credit union.
How do I access my account?
You need three things when you visit a CO-OP Shared Branch:
- The name of your credit union – American Broadcast Employees FCU
- Your Account Number at ABEFCU (the short 6 digit or less account number)
- A current, un-expired VALID U.S. Government issued picture Identification with signature
State issued driver’s license or identification card (temporary extensions are not accepted)
City, State, County or Federal I.D. card or badge
U.S. Armed Forces Identification Card or the new Smart Identification card without signature
Resident Alien Card issued by the INS
Have these items ready to present to the teller. This will save you time and will help us with serving you. All transactions require identification. We ask, because CO-OP Shared Branch cares about protecting your identity and account information.
If you have questions regarding your account or transactions that were performed through the CO-OP Shared Branch, please contact any ABE branch.
Cash Withdrawal Limits
CO-OP Shared Branch may limit cash withdrawals to $500 per day, regardless of ABEFCU’s policy.
Holds and Deposited Funds
- The funds you deposit at CO-OP Shared Branch locations may not be available for immediate withdrawal from your credit union account.
- HOLDS are placed on items you deposit through CO-OP Shared Branch locations based on ABEFCU’s Check Hold Policies. REMEMBER – THE LOCATION DOES NOT PLACE THE HOLDS ON YOUR ACCOUNT.
- The CO-OP Shared Branch Location CANNOT REMOVE A HOLD PLACED ON YOUR ACCOUNT. YOU MUST CONTACT YOUR ABEFCU BRANCH.
The CO-OP Shared Branch Location CANNOT accept a stop payment request on your own checking account. YOU MUST CONTACT YOUR ABEFCU BRANCH.
If you need to place a stop payment on a check you obtained from the CO-OP Shared Branch Location, such as a cashier’s check, money order or official check, you must contact the CO-OP Shared Branch Location where you obtained the check. There will be a waiting period not to exceed 90 days before funds can be released. You may be required to complete an indemnity agreement. There will be a fee for this service.
*Please read below for fees charged to members by ABEFCU for Shared Branch transactions, and the free alternative to do the same transaction. The goal of ABEFCU is to offer you the convenience of a full range of transactions at a Shared Branch location, but we do encourage you to use the free alternative when possible. Any checking (share draft) account transaction is charged to that checking account. All other fees are charged to the savings (prime share) account. To help prevent any overdraft fees, the transaction will only go through if there is enough available in the account for the transaction and the fees.
Shared Branch Schedule of Fees
- No fee deposits to your checking and/or savings account at any Shared Branching location.
- Checking and Savings withdrawals are $1.00 per transaction. These withdrawals can be made at no charge at ABE branches and ATMs as well as any of the over 33,000 CO-OP ATM’s.
- Cash advances on loans and/or lines of credit are charged $2.00 per advance. At no charge, you can transfer the funds with ABE’s Audio Response or Online Banking products and withdraw the cash from an ABE or CO-OP ATM.
- There is no fee for Shared Branching loan payments made with cash and/or checks. Transfer loan payments made at a shared branch do have a $2.00 service fee. You can do transfers on home or mobile banking to avoid the transfer fee.
- Account transfers are subject to a $2.00 service fee. Alternatively, transfers can be done at no charge with ABE’s Audio Response or Online Banking products.
- Purchases of services (i.e. certified checks, money orders, stamps, etc) paid for out of your share (draft) or loan account are charged a $2.00 service fee. To avoid paying this fee, use cash to make service purchases at CO-OP Shared Branch locations. (Purchase of services may vary at different shared branch outlets)
- Other transactions are available at CO-OP Shared Branch locations. There may be fees imposed for these other transactions by the CO-OP Shared branch you visit. A schedule of these fees will be posted for your reference.
For the nearest CO-OP Shared Branch Location go to CO-OP Shared Branch Locations or call (888) 748-3266